Wednesday, January 21, 2009

EDDIE-TORIAL: OBAMA'S FIRST DAY ON THE JOB--COME ON, PAL!

Dear President Obamas,

I enjoyed watching all of your ceromonies, speeches, and splendor yesterdays. My temp job was nice enough to let us all watch during our lunch hour on a broken 13 inch TV that can't be fixed due to the economy and bailouts. However, I got to thinking...

If I was hired at a new job and started my first day of work with a big ceremony and speech showing off myself ("I, Eddie McOwskey do solemnly swear to show up at 9am, email my friends, and dodge the phone..."). Then, after that pomp and circumstance, I dashed off to ten seperate parties to celebrate--I wouldn't make it past lunch!

Come on, pal. First day on the job! Let's get some pens out, find out where the bathroom's are, and get cracking. Ten parties! And you haven't even done anything yet! This is no time for the sophomore slump!

Please endorse me,

Eddie McOwskey

No comments: